Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 3
















Today has been such a fun day so far. We went with two other families who are staying at the B&B with us to a children´s museum. They are from MN and TX, which is great fun for us since they speak English. Each day we are picking up Spanish a little more and are able to understand a little spoken language as well. Brad and I tried to learn as much as we could before we went through a 13 week class, Rosetta Stone and simple CD´s, but we just have not been able to retain it as much as we would like to. Although the boys do not seem to mind. We just say it slow and use our body language to get across what we want them to know or do. And of course there has been lots and lots of laughs because not everything translates well!! The boys are sponges and soak up everything eagerly. The weather is so comfortable and sunny.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mia!
    Trevor wants to say hi so I'll type his message to you. Love you lots! -Jenn

    Trevor's note to Mia:
    "Hola! We'll see you when you get back. I would like to meet your brothers. Have fun getting your brothers. I bet you all had fun going to the Children's Museum today. Charley has been asking where you are. I think she misses you too. Will you teach me some new Spanish words when you get back? I love you. Tell David, Miguel and Sergio Hola for all of us. Have fun! Love, Trevor"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your three handsome additions!! I had to let you know that Crepes and Waffles also have menus in English. It was a fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been trying to learn spanish with the phrase a day I got at Big Lots. We are not doing well. I know ciudad means city and vamanos means let's go. For fifteen minutes on Monday morning I knew what a car was called.

    Glad to hear all is well and you're having fun.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete