Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 9

Not too much excitement to share about today. It rained this afternoon while I and some other people were on a tour of the downtown with our guide David. It was a beautiful walking tour even when it was pouring down rain!! We were soaked, but had an absolute blast seeing the sights. We saw the old part of downtown Bogota' were the original city was built. The buildings were very colorful with bold colors displayed on the store fronts and houses. We walked on the oldest street in the city which was very narrow and rocky. The nickname is called the horse trail which is amazing that a horse could even walk down the path. There was barely enough room for three grown people to walk side by side. I forgot the camera!! It would been a great sight for you to view, but when I remembered we were already getting in the cab to leave and I did not think anyone would want to wait. We saw where the President of Colombia and the Vice President lives. We also saw where the Senate and Congress are housed. Very big facilities with guards around the area.

2 comments:

  1. And what did Brad and the kids do while you were gone today, Tammy??!! Brad, I loved your comments yesterday...you make me laugh!! Tell Mia, Lucky's not liking the snow!! But loves to see Matt because he always gives her treats!! I look forward to touching base with you everyday!! Can't wait till you're home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brad, Tammy, Mia, Miquel, David, & Sergio-

    The kids all want to say hi:
    Trevor says: "I hope you come back soon. We miss you and are excited to meet everyone. We're going to try and go out to your house this week sometime to visit Lucky and give him a hug for you. Talk to you soon!"

    Braden says: "Hi. I'm happy that you're having fun. We will see you soon."

    Charley says: "Hi Mia. Mia miss you. I want my Mia. :)" (I think she's missing you Mia.)

    Gracy is sleeping right now, but I'm sure she would want to say hi too. :)

    Trenton is at school, but he wanted me to tell you that he's excited to meet the boys. He said to give a hug to Mia. :)

    We'll talk to you soon!
    Love,
    Jenn and the kids

    ReplyDelete